Friday, January 31, 2014

Submitted to OUYA on Schedule!

My first Unity video game, made from scratch in 3 months, has been submitted for OUYA review on January 31st as per my schedule.

This was easier said than done. I felt like I was taking a computer science exam during every step of the lengthy, confusing and sparsely documented process. After some back & forth for a couple days I signed and built my .apk after several rounds of testing on the OUYA console.

I had to set the screen resolution for my scenes to: screen.resolution(1280, 720, true, 60); because the game ran choppy on OUYA (but runs great on my Galaxy Note 10.1). There was also a process of importing an OUYA package into Unity that was a surprise that messed up my input settings.

But I persevered in the face of great adversity.

Ta-Daaaaah!


[Applause]

*UPDATE*

Four hours later, I get an email that it was approved! I quickly hit publish on the dev portal and the status changed to Published. 

I don't see the game appearing on the Discover menu on the console, so I'll be checking back to see how long that process takes. Feedback from the reviewer "Real cool submission! The only thing that we wanted to note was that there was lots of controller locking and stiff character movement. If this could be optimized for a future update that would be awesome! Other than that everything looks good to go!"



1 comment:

  1. Interesting - Blogger has censored out what my reviewer said! Sorry folks. Guess you're not supposed to share in my pain.

    ReplyDelete